DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Lead Academy is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Lead Academy complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Lead Academy;
• To process invoices, information or bookings related to any of our programmes or courses;
• To process any donation which you may have made or to seek your opinion on any of our courses or programmes.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about Lead Academy events.
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: -
• the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
• there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with the staff of Lead Academy for purposes connected with Lead Academy. We will not share your data with third parties outside of Lead Academy.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary and up to a maximum of 6 years at which time we will contact you to make sure that you would like us to keep your details on our system. At any time, you can contact us by email or at our address and request that we remove your details from our database.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Lead Academy holds about you;
• The right to request that Lead Academy corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Lead Academy to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data and
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (address and contact number below).
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Lead Academy, PO Box 952, Aylesbury, Bucks. HP22 9JE.
Charity Registration Number: 1136978
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.